Mechanical Design Engineer
We are hiring for a Mechanical Design Engineer for the Mechanical Design department in our R&D organization at our Lyngby Office.
Position: Full-time Location: Denmark-Sjælland-Lyngby Date posted: 19 April 2022 Job ID: 00W7L
Imagine a future - where internet connectivity knows no boundaries. Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
Cobham SATCOM is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer. Cobham SATCOM is a global tele-communication company where the main purpose of our technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. Big tech companies trust us to help them bring internet connectivity to remote communities, as we have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, our vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity, safeguarding and connecting people and ideas. This gives meaning to the work of our 570+ employees worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Cobham SATCOM truly has something special inside.
This role will be based in Lyngby, Denmark.
You will join a global team of 25 highly skilled colleagues located in Lyngby, AAlborg and Concord California. The mechanical team is responsible for all mechanical parts in our VSAT, Tracker, and L-Band & Safety products. The vacant position will mainly address our stabilized antenna platforms.
These systems are robotic structures that carry our RF components (e.g., Reflectors and Feeds) and Electronics. The structure ensures strength and stiffness for accurate pointing and robustness, even in the harshest and most remote environments. You will be a part of the product life cycle from early conceptual stage until the product is discontinued.
As Mechanical Design Engineer your key responsibilities will be:
- Development of stabilized antenna platforms with focus on high performance and cost.
- Concept generation and project estimation.
- Design and documentation.
- Testing and verification of prototypes.
- Product maturation and supplier collaboration.
- Handover to production primarily in Asia.
- Provide input to the project plans incl. reporting.
- Close collaborate with other engineering disciplines like HW and SW, as well as Operation functions.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer your qualifications should ideally be: \
- Solid mechanical engineering background with +5 years of practical R&D experience.
- Experienced user of 3D-CAD (we use Solid Works) and preferably FEA (we use Hyperworks).
- Experience with machine dynamics e.g. Modal Analysis
- Wide knowledge of manufacturing processes including High Pressure Die Casting and Injection Molding.
- Knowledge within the following disciplines: DFX (Design for Excellence), and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Experience with design for and testing of outdoor products in relation to corrosion, UV exposure, IP enclosure ratings, vibration & shock, thermal/cooling design etc.
- You speak and write English fluently.
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers that are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in our performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful, and fun colleagues who value teamwork and integrity.
Beside a competitive salary package, we care about our employees and offer lunch canteen, social events, and societies (wine tasting, art club, Friday bar, music band), sport clubs (skiing, cycling, adventure race, badminton), paid fulltime health and accident insurance and well-equipped fitness room, but most importantly we care about you becoming one of us.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.
Cobham SATCOM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Cobham SATCOM
At Cobham SATCOM, we create, develop, innovate, and share the responsibility to fulfil our potential – both on a company and individual basis. We believe our culture of being highly innovated, our ability to continuously adapt to change, our capability to plan disciplined in connection to the demands and to foster a fun and inspiring work environment empowers us to achieve our ambitions. Join us and be part of bringing our inspiring projects to life. When connection matters you can count on Cobham SATCOM. It will be an exciting and rewarding journey so if you are up for a challenge, we hope to hear from you.