We are hiring for a Project Manager for the R&D department at our Concord Office.
Position: Full-time Location: US-California-Concord Date posted: 26 May 2022 Job ID: 00WCK
The Project Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of products and product upgrades. Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending. Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints.
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES \
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary internal Teams by setting and driving schedule through the use of the 3W Methodology
- Ability to communicate with and manage Customers when necessary
- Ability to assess issues, make, communicate and implement decisions based on Project technical requirements, available resources, budget and timelines
- Ability to manage and resolve cross-functional conflicts involving multiple priorities
- Ability to influence decision makers at all levels
- Ability to escalate, backed by data, issues to higher levels of management when necessary
- Exhibits “lead-by-example” methods
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Denotes "essential functions" in accordance with the guidelines of The Americans with Disabilities Act. The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The position and its essential functions may change over time and these changes may not necessarily be reflected in the position description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of the position. \
- Manages the development and implementation of new products and product upgrades
- Works closely with Sales, Purchasing, Planning, and Manufacturing on design, build, testing, and production of new products and product upgrades
- Plans and directs timelines, monitors spend / budget, and leverages resources from across the company – directly accountable for Project Schedule and Cost
- Has responsibility for ensuring the compliance of the product to the initial system requirements.
- Manages and tracks external labs performing compliance or regulatory testing.
- Responsible for communicating Project Status at both the Customer and Executive Levels
- Must adhere to and support the company’s Safety Health & Environmental (SHE) program
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability generally required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. \
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field is required; MBA desirable. A minimum of 3 10 years of previous experience as a Project Manager in a relevant technical field is required; end-to-end experience in a Capital Equipment development environment where electro mechanical devices and control systems are designed and developed is highly desired; end-to-end Optical systems development is highly desired; LAN experience is highly desired. Internal candidate requirements, Minimum 7 years’ experience: Demonstrated experience with projects related specifically to New Model Release and New Product Introduction to successful completion will be substituted for degrees listed above.
- LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and specifications. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, internal and external customers, vendors and suppliers.
- MATH ABILITY: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must demonstrate the ability to make sound independent judgment decisions.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS: Solidworks, AutoCad, CosmosWorks/Flow Works (or equivalent), Agile Life Cycle Management
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook – expert level required.
- CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: PMP preferred
- EQUIPMENT AND DEVICE OPERATION: None required
OTHER ESSENTIAL SKILLS \
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for and own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; recognize, initiate projects, asks for and offers help when needed
- Ability to multi task and provide accurate information in a fast paced setting
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is in an office setting. However, some time will be spent in an open factory environment. On the factory floor the temperature fluctuates relative to the outdoor weather do to large roll up doors in constant use. There is some excessive noise on the production floor. The immediate work area has no caustic chemicals or fumes. No travel is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing their duties, 25% of the job is performed while standing and sitting.
Sea Tel, Inc. is an EEO employer; we value diversity in our employees and customers.
Cobham SATCOM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham SATCOM to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
Senior Antenna Engineer
For our Global Hardware Development Organization, we are recruiting for a Senior Antenna Engineer position (Principal Antennas/RF Engineer) to strengthen the very core of our satellite- and radio communication products, i.e. the antennas and microwave components area...
Position: Full-time Location: Denmark-Sjælland-Lyngby Date Posted: 11 May 2022 Job ID: 00W88